a UNIQUE ma programme
Diagnose, Assess, Intervene
The Tangaza University Master of Arts (MA) in Counselling Psychology programme provides you with competencies in working with diverse clientele with various emotional, behavioral, and spiritual challenges or disorders.
This MA programme adopts a variety of psychological approaches based on behavioral and cognitive orientations.
Learner friendly environment
Develop a greater degree of self-awareness
21st century learning
Asses and Apply
At Tangaza University College Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology programme we teach you how to professionally conduct psychological assessments and apply relevant techniques to the specific needs of exceptional groups of individuals.
HANDS-ON & INCLUSIVE
The Tangaza University College MA in Counselling Psychology programme lasts for 2 years and has the following structure:
– Classes are offered only on Friday 8:30 a.m to 5:00 p.m and
Saturday, 8:30 a.m to 2:00 p.m
– January and August
– Students could either specialize in Trauma Counselling , Youth Counselling or Marriage and Family Counselling
Graduates have been able to participate in sensitization programmes to the general population on the issues pertaining to specific needs of exceptional groups
Our graduates obtain the confidence and skills to transform their environment and the people around them.
Graduates emerge as professionals ready to champion causes for the youth, married and those facing trauma.
Fully FUNCTIONAL GRADUATES
A successful career awaits you!
Graduates that have been able to undertake Tangaza University College’s Masters of Arts in Counselling Psychology programme, have been able to secure jobs as counsellors, therapists and psychologists, social workers, lecturers and project managers with Non – Governmental Organizations, Faith-Based institutions, Government Departments, Learning Institutions, Health facilities and rehabilitation centers among others.
We work closely with our current and former students, supporting them throughout their careers.
jOIN US TODAY!
We accept applicants with either:
– A recognized B.A degree in a counselling related field with a first class honors or second class upper division from an accredited university.
– Those with a second class lower division are required to have at least 2 years relevant counselling experience.
– Any other bachelor degree with proof of 5 units in a counselling related field