a UNIQUE ma programme
Diagnose, Assess, Intervene
The Tangaza University Master of Arts (MA) in Counselling Psychology programme provides you with competencies in working with diverse clientele with various emotional, behavioral, and spiritual challenges or disorders.
This MA programme adopts a variety of psychological approaches based on behavioral and cognitive orientations.
Learner friendly environment
Develop a greater degree of self-awareness
21st century learning
Asses and Apply
A Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology programme will train you how to conduct psychological assessments and use evidence based interventions.
HANDS-ON & INCLUSIVE
The Tangaza University College MA in Counselling Psychology has the following structure:
– To complete the M\a in Counselling Psychology, a student will take a minimum of 2 years.
Mode of Study:
– This is a Regular programme and classes are offered on Friday from 8:30 a.m to 5:00 p.m and Saturdays, 8:30 a.m to 2:00 p.m
– Our intakes are held in January and August every year
Areas of specialization in MA Counselling Psychology:
– Trauma Counselling
– Youth Counselling
– Marriage and Family Counselling
Graduates have been able to participate in sensitization programmes to the general population on the issues pertaining to specific needs of exceptional groups
Our graduates obtain the confidence and skills to transform their environment and the people around them.
Graduates emerge as professionals ready to champion causes for the youth, married and those facing trauma.
Fully FUNCTIONAL GRADUATES
A successful career awaits you!
Students who graduate with our Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology programme, may secure jobs in various work settings such as hospitals, schools, Non – Governmental Organizaions, universities, colleges, rehabilitation centres, government departments, faith based institutions, churches or engage in private practice
We work closely with our current and former students, supporting them throughout their careers.
jOIN US TODAY!
We accept applicants with either:
– A recognized B.A degree in a counselling related field with a first class honors or second class upper division from an accredited university.
– Those with a second class lower division are required to have at least 2 years relevant counselling experience.
– Applicants with any other bachelors degree will be required to take 5 prerequisite courses at undergraduate level or show evidence of at least 5 units in a counselling related field.
A simple, personalised process that will lead you to admission in no time!